spirits that speak

7.31.2006

What Weddings remind me of

Well, the summer of weddings is almost over. I don't believe I've ever been to this many weddings in such a short stretch of time. All of the weddings involved friends and loved ones, sure, but to be honest I never wanna go to 4 weddings in 1 month again.

That said, I actually enjoyed each wedding more than I thought I would. And I had an unexpected surprise. Who would have thought that weddings, of all places, would make me think about my marriage? It's odd, in a completely non-subtle way, that weddings would cause me to reflect like I have been.

It's made me think about the significance of the commitment I made when I got married. It's made me think about how much I love my wife. It's reminded me that there is no one else in the world who I could imagine seeing day after day for the rest of my life and not get tired of it. That said, the routine of day to day life can make it very easy to put those things in the back of our minds (husband and wife).

So I guess the reason I decided to post this is because it's a bit of a recommendation. I recommend that married people attend at least 1 wedding a year, in case you find it holds the same experience for you (along with supporting the married friends whose weddings you're attending, of course). Not that this should be the only activity you undergo to renew the enthusiasm behind your commiment, but it is one. Worked for me, hope you find something that does for you. It's worth every minute!

3 Comments:

  • well, at least it wasn't 4 weddings and a FUNERAL!

    Couldn't resist! : )

    Thanks for TWO new posts!

    By Blogger Helen Mueller, at 09:16  

  • by the way, that was a ROCK ON, BRO! kind of post!!! Dude!

    By Blogger Helen Mueller, at 09:18  

  • thanks for the support. now if i could only get going on that kanye west post...

    By Blogger johnny m, at 21:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home